Early Years Home Toolkit
£65.00 – £75.00
A cost-saving product bundle of popular TomTag resources to help parents and carers with young children manage their day at home or in care settings.
Contains all the essential visual tools you need to support the practical and emotional needs of children with communication difficulties such as autism and other learning differences.
- Time saving as everything is ready with no printing, laminating or Velcro required!
- More portable, durable and reusable compared with traditional paper or board alternatives
- Quick and easy to change and adapt with TomTag’s unique click-in button system
- Reinforcing verbal instructions with visuals helps children to understand what is being said or asked of them and encourages independence
- Emotional supports to help children communicate their understanding of feelings and emotions
Our customers say
“A great idea! The main benefit being the time saving aspect. Everything is ready and no faffy laminating and Velcro! Really impressed.”
- 10 Button Holders (in your choice of colours -use the order notes to specify your choice)
- 100 blank buttons to give you the flexibility to create routines, checklists and reminders
- 2 attachment loops to fasten your TomTag to a belt, bag or hook
- 1 lanyard to wear your TomTag so it’s easily to hand( in your choice of colours – rainbow, black or white- use the order notes to specify your choice)
- Easy to follow instruction sheet to assemble your TomTag
- Copies of the following download guides:
- 1 Share How I Feel Minikit to help your child share and discuss their feelings, worries, and emotions( in your choice of colour – use the order notes to specify your choice)
- Sticker packs:
- 1 Early Years Activities sticker pack: This pack contains 72 symbol stickers (x 2 copies)for you to choose from to use for timetables and routines, activity and choice prompts, personal care reminders and now and next or first/then prompts.
- 1 Self Care Skills sticker pack: Contains 72 symbol stickers ( x 2 copies) for you to choose from to assist with morning and bedtime routines, getting dressed and clothing items, bathroom activities (teeth brushing, toilet, washing, bathing and showering) and general personal hygiene.
- 1 Feelings & Emotions sticker pack: Contains 72 symbol stickers ( x2 copies) for you to choose from to help with expressing, communicating and coping with feelings, thoughts and emotions.
Each sticker pack contains 12 blank round stickers for personalisation and 8 blank rectangular stickers to label your TomTag Button Holders
Click the images to enlarge and view the gallery.
- TomTag Button Holder: 18cm x 3cm
- Buttons: 2cm diameter
SAVE £8.00 The contents of this toolkit are worth £73 when bought separately.
Add a TomTag Feelings Notebook to your Early Years Home Toolkit for £10 ( saving £2.50). Use the Feelings Notebook with the Share How I feel Minikit to help your child explore, understand, and communicate their feelings ( use the drop-down box below to add this offer to your order)
How does TomTag work?
TomTag uses symbols to show a series of separate tasks or steps involved in a task that are part of a routine, a sequence of events in a timeline, or they can be used as a list to teach a new skill by breaking down a single activity into smaller steps.
Many children with autism and other additional needs have strong visual skills. They are more likely to remember and understand what they have seen rather than what they hear. Using a visual support like TomTag to present information visually and in a step-by-step manner allows visual thinkers and learners to take in information at their own pace. Visuals can also act as a reminder when children forget what’s been said or become distracted, TomTag helps to bring their attention back to the task or current situation.
WARNING: Please note – TomTag is not a toy. Not suitable for children under 36 months due to small parts.
Symbol images produced under licence from Widgit Symbols (C) Widgit Software 2002-2022 www.widgit.com. All other images (C) Orkid Ideas Limited 2022